Thursday, September 22, 2011
We'd be done now, but..........
We have two of these machines but one of them is an older model that dosn't do a very nice job because it doesn't hold down the turf as well as the newer model. So we are going to finish fairways this friday with this one machine, but we would already be done now if the TORO 660 wouldn't have had problems. Thank goodness the weather is going to hold out for us. We need dry weather for the fairway aerification process and this past week has been perfect. Looks like rain coming in for next week so I am very happy we're going to get this done before the weekend. I can remember vividly the nightmare last year when we had over 2" of rain between September 15th and the 20th. That resulted in a muddy aerification and a long recovery period. This year it's really going well. Everything is dragging in nicely. The rain thats coming next week will wash it all in and the course will recover rapidly meaning great late fall and winter conditions can be expected. At this point, I'm not sure if I will repair the old TORO 660 since our new fairway aerator has been ordered and should be here soon. Our new machine is the TORO Procore 864 and it is amazing. Expect a blog post explaining the benefits of the new machine when it arrives.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment